Monday, October 16, 2006

Kitten with a Whip

Meow! Here's another shameless attempt to keep people reading my blog; some photos of me dressed as Catwoman. (It's not as bad as it sounds, I was dressed as Catwoman for a reason. Well, if you can call the Melbourne Uni arts ball a reason.)

To reduce the tackiness of this post, I've thought up an angle. Here it is. During the night I forced every guy dressed as the Joker or the Riddler to have their photo taken with me. (Surprisingly, they were most obliging.) This post is thusly a photo-gallery featuring pictures of me with complete strangers in good costumes. Enjoy!

N.B. There weren't any other Catwomen there. Sure, there were a a couple of girls in lingerie and cat ears, but neither of them put in any effort.

Here's me and my first victim, Joker No. 1. Before you ask, no, his lipstick wasn't smeared because he'd been kissing me! We made out after the camera went away.


Joker No. 2 offered me some desserts he had poached from other people's tables while they were off dancing. He was really in character that evening!


I look very bad in this photo, but so does Joker No. 3, so we make a good team.



I appear a little pie-eyed in this picture with Riddler No. 1, but actually I only managed to drink one glass of sparkling wine during the whole evening. I was too busy chasing people dressed like Batman villains and making them pose for pictures to get any serious drinking done.

I'm oh-so smug in this picture with Riddler No. 2 because I had just finished collecting the whole set of Jokers and Riddlers at the ball. I was truly the cat who got the cream.


Here's me being a real smart arse on the dancefloor. You know how in Batman Returns (i.e. the greatest Batman film), Catwoman uses her whip as a skipping rope? Well, I used a skipping rope as a whip on the night, but here's me using my skipping-rope-as-whip as a whip-as-skipping-rope! Meanwhile, did you know that it is actually quite hard to skip in stiletto boots? I found this out very quickly.
--
Thanks to Lucy for the first photo!

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll leave comments about your hotness and sass for others to make, and instead question your apostrophe use in "Arts' ball". What the hell is up with that?
As far as I can tell it's supposed to indicate the possession of the 'ball' by 'Arts', but I don't think that's the way the phrase works. If it were, say, "kids' ball" it would make sense because the ball is for the kids -- as opposed to "kid's ball" (for a single kid) and "kids ball" (two unrelated nouns).
But in "Arts ball", 'Arts' works as an adjective modifying the noun 'ball'. Otherwise we'd have the Commerce's ball and the Law's ball.

Yeah, how do you like my comments NOW?

2:52 PM  
Blogger ManicLovely said...

That post was truly amusing, I cant believe you found that many jokers and riddlers!

As for the punctuation, I'm truly disenchanted!

8:16 PM  
Blogger divinetrash said...

Chiara: I guess I just thought of the ball as belonging to the faculty, where the "faculty" part was implied in the term but not specifically mentioned. But you're right about the apostrophe, so I'll change it.

However, I don't think that the word "Arts" is working as an adjective as you say. It can still be a noun without the phrase losing its grammatical sense. In English multiple nouns stand together, proudly embracing their noun status without persecution. Consider the famous example of this; "Greenham Common peace protest women".

Svet: When you're disappointed in me, it kills me inside.

8:31 PM  
Blogger divinetrash said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:49 AM  
Blogger ChristinaChox said...

Yo. I did't realise how many batman villains there were at the arts ball. But then again, I also didn't realise how much I had had to drink by the time you were using your skipping rope as whip as whip as skipping rope.
But at least in that pic it looks like there's enough room to swing a cat.
xxx

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey alex my dear, thanx for coming the other night. i had such a lot of fun, made all the better by your presence (and presents, i told you how much i love them right???).
love and hugs,
nursie

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about your blog taking the low road. I just had someone find my blog through a Google search for "cate blanchett g-string photos", and a full 80 per cent of my readers come looking for pictures for Miss Oklahoma - and immediately leave, disappointed and bitter. At least you're actually delivering.

The real victims here aren't your regular readers, but those poor Jokers and Riddlers. Imagine their drunken, sodden-witted excitement as you advanced on them, whip in hand.

P.S. There is invisible ink text in this blog entry. Anyone else found it?

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey slutface, I have study to avoid so where's my quasibohoalterna-distraction?

Get to it.

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do you find invisible ink text nick???
and i agree with chiara, where's the distraction?? i don't need distracting from study anymore, but i do need distracting from the paralysing anxiety i am experiencing regarding my placement next week, being a nurse next year, and just my life in general.... come on alex, deliver!! :P
hugs

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

alex, alex, alex *shakes head despairingly*. i'm not angry, just disappointed *keeps shaking head, with a wounded expression*. i really expected more blog-dedication from you...
hugs

8:15 PM  
Blogger ManicLovely said...

Alex, get off your high horse and post something. Your perfectionism is boring, we love your unprepared posts even more you know.

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Alex!

Came to get the latest on your blog, but...nada! Where are you? Hope all is going well and post something soon!!

Love Bree xoxo

4:15 PM  
Blogger MommyHeadache said...

Goodness me girl, you are hot!

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

write another post, dagnammit!! nick (of all ppl) has managed to write two since you last posted, aren't you ashamed???
:P

ps see you friday, i'm excited that there'll be another vego there, lol. looking forward to some quality shared non-meat-eating time. hugs

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home