Monday, June 19, 2006

A lady's tongue must always match her dress, and other things I learnt at my 21st...

Staged at the rather chic Murmur Bar, my 21st birthday was easily the best party I've ever hosted and was one of the most fun nights I've had since the time I streaked across the Warburton Highway (an event which, naturally enough, came up in the speeches).

Alex and Tash. I don't know why I love this picture, but I do. I think it shows how much of a good time I was having but without the cheesy, posed smile that appears in most of the other pictures. Yeah, OK, I look like a drunken semi-loon but I'm not just any old drunken semi-loon... I'm a drunken semi-loon in a great dress.

Anna, Lorena and Lia, and, Chiara, George and Jess. Speaking of sartorial stylishness, all my friends possess it to an amazing degree. Particularly my female friends. Hotties, every one of them. I didn't realise until the night of my party that I seem to be collecting beautiful and nicely spangled women as though they were butterflies to be pinned on a board and then affixed to my wall. (Sounds like the plot of a Morgan Freeman/Ashley Judd crime thriller.)

Chox, Seb, Svet and David. And yet more sexy, beautiful creatures of the night. OK, so these ones are slightly less dignified than those above, but that's OK... It takes all kinds. Plus, they gave me good presents.
Seb and Karina. Oh la la! As evidenced here by a certain morally degenerate pair, there was plenty adultery on the dancefloor, if a distinct lack of murder (... Oh well, I'm happy for people to break whichever of the Ten Commandments they want).

Alex and Adam. And here is a perfect example of why one shouldn't get photos taken with exes; one ends up looking cheesed off. The scary thing is, I can't remember there being a reason to pull this face at the time the picture was taken. Maybe I always look this way when I'm around him!

John. My now famous father, who, after delivering a killer speech and generally being awesome at my shindig, has become widely considered to be cooler than me! (Imagine that if you can.) Due to popular demand, he has subsequently promised to start a blog in retirement. Meanwhile, can you imagine what it would be like to go to a grog blog with your dad?! That is surely too much lameness for any one person to bear.

Drew and Alex. The other day my dear friend Svet mused,
"I wish you and Drew would get together."
"Do you think we'd make a good couple?" I queried.
She responded; "Well, I like him and I've already established a rapport. I don't want to have to do that with some other guy."
...Good to see that she has my interests at heart.

Sealed section: BLOGGERS GONE WILD!
Not since grog blog 2005 have I seen bloggers hit the bottle so hard, and with such interesting results...

Russ, Hannah and Jon. It seems that writing a blog proves to be an irresistible lure where the ladies are concerned. Meanwhile, if there is a photograph out there of Jon where he is not pulling a stupid face, I am yet to see it.
Adam and Andrew. Speaking of irresistible lures, that skank Andrew could hardly wait until his girlfriend's back was turned to start making moves on a certain part-time blogger, full-time Casanova.

Nick. That shifty bastard stole my lollipop! Actually, a few people did. That lollipop probably got the most action of anyone at the damn party.

Hannah, Alex and Karen. Could I be more of a poser? Seems unlikely.
All in all, I had a fabulous time. I generally do when given the opportunity to get dressed up and ponce about, but it was especially nice because everyone kept showering me in praise and lavish gifts, as well. (I really must turn 21 more often!) A big thanks to all those who came and indulged me, particularly as you all managed to restrain yourselves from buying me cocktail shakers, oversized keys, or chintzy Champagne glasses as presents. Props to that, bruthas and sistas. Mad love to ya!

10 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Very much enjoying your ongoing series of amusing photos of Jon. Keep it up. Oh, and happy birthday.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Mars said...

You're right... shit-hot dress sistah!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Hey, I have a medical problem that manifests itself around cameras, ok. I'll thank you not to mock my pain.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Engels said...

Um, do you study chemistry ;)

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps someone who actually does study chemistry can explain what the hell my tongue did to that lollipop to produce something so grotesque.

11:51 AM  
Blogger ManicLovely said...

Hey I spent alot of quality time with that lollypop also!
By the way, my party post is up, cept the end isn't finished (blogger was down or something) so i'll have to edit the final photos in the next few days:)

5:56 PM  
Blogger Armagnac Esq said...

"Could I be more of a poser? Seems unlikely."

But it obviously brings you great pleasure, so why stop?!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Oh my god it's been ages since I've seen a photo of Hannah. SHe looks totally hot. What a mega Babe!!! You didn't look too bad either sexy lexy.

2:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I totally went to high school with seb and adam!!!!

Happy 21st btw

1:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey alex! i haven't seen you in ages. whilst "doing my homework" i've stumbled upon your blog. i can't actually remember how i got here, but that's what doing homework interspersed with time-wastage will do for you! boy-oh-boy your 21st was a goooood night! i had a fantastic time, there was dancing, laughter, ppl hitting on sarbear... fantabulousness all round.
hope to see you soon, probly not till uni releases it's devilish hold on me tho... :(
hugs,
katherine (of nick, sarah and kathi fame)

ps i took that photo of you with the lollipop, i'm a published photographer now. woohoo!!!!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home