Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Filler is not a dirty word.

Well, here's just some miscellaneous crap until I can get my arse in gear to get Svet to take some pictures of me "pretending" to be a wanky Arts' student. Because I'm not one already, or anything like that. *coughs sheepishly*

Anyway, the other day I decided to surf myspace in order to see if there were any pictures in emo kid blogs that looked like ones that Svet had taken of me for this entry. I laughed out loud when I came across this:
In case you need a refresher, I had a picture in the entry of me that looked like this:
And I promise you, dear reader, that I didn't find the picture of the emo lass before Svet and I devised the above shot. For serious, man. Anyway, I don't mean to mock the girl that much. Actually, I feel pretty bad putting a picture of a complete stranger on my blog without asking, but oh well. She sounds nice enough, and she's very pretty... But I just couldn't let comedy gold like that pass without comment!

Speaking of emo, I was on the train the other night and I overheard, (ie. eavesdropped on), a conversation between some young men of that very subculture.

Emo boy 1: "I was one of the original emo kids... from three years ago! No one can surpass me!!"
When I related this quote to a dear friend, he questioned me as to whether the lad was being ironic. I replied that this young man was being completely genuine, and in fact was trying to boast his seniority to a friend. In any case, who knew that emo only started three years ago?! Man, I thought it started ages before that; I'm so clueless! (That there would be irony, folks... Or at least sarcasm.)

His friend later said, apropos of nothing:
Emo boy 2: "Let's throw a bottle in the river, man!"

These guys were seriously advanced life-forms.

Egad, I'm being so condescending. Oh, well; perhaps now I have embraced the true spirit of the blogger! Speaking of the the true spirit of bloggerness, let me take this opportunity to try to force you to comment in my last post! I want you to tell me your favourite bad lyrics. For some reason, that subject fascinates me.

Anyway, before I dash off, I thought I might right a great wrong. The other day Svet complained that the only photo I had used with her in it as my emo pal was bad. I didn't think so, but what do I know?! So, here's a cuter one:
The karmic balance has hereby been restored. Check back later this week for my send-up of myself, *ahem*, I mean, pretentious Arts' students.

7 Comments:

Blogger ManicLovely said...

CUTER? That photo is awful, but it was hard when i was holding the camera i guess. Was that the one that looked like we were going to make out? Eww how emo.

10:53 AM  
Blogger divinetrash said...

OK, so the angle ain't that great, but I was running out of pictures. Plus, I did want to use that one to begin with, emo pretend bisexual fun. Should've actually made out, it would have been more authentic.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, why do i have a tendency to defend emo kids against your merciless barbs? is it because i don't want to acknowledge that people like those two kids exist and take themselves seriously? or something more sinister .... latent emo tendencies? oh god.

emo started as early as the start of the 90's with postpunk bands like Drive Like Jehu and Quicksand, that actually weren't so bad and sounded nothing like the Simple Plan-esque abominations we know and hate today.

now that the history lesson is over, nomo.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. i look forward with bated breath to the 'pretentious arts student' diatribe, as it is an issue that effects me personally.

3:20 PM  
Blogger FortuneCat said...

Mood: Bitter-sweet paper cuts

My emo name is 'Dejected Destiny'. Damn, I suspected the fate line on my palms was kinda weak and um, dejected - now I know! *sob*

12:58 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Actually, emo began in the 80s as part of the Washington D.C. hardcore scene. Probably the best known band of that period were Rites of Spring, two members of which ended up in Fugazi.

Sorry, don't want to be pedantic, but that's the way it is/was.

8:35 PM  
Blogger ChristinaChox said...

Alex alexalexalexAAAAALLLLEEEEXX!
Hey there biatch, how are ya?
Just sitting back in David and Rob's flat, watchin Countdown (you know that nerdy gameshow?) reading your blog and thinkin about how sexy my friends are.
Yep. So stay sexy and keep having lots of sexy sex with sexy people. And if that doesn't work for ya, just have sexy sex wit your sexy self! Nothin wrong with a bit of sexy self love.
Anyway, sorry for stinkin up your blog with all the sex crap. I'll try and come up with something cooler next time.
hehehe my word verification is csebz c seb z c seb run c seb zee c seb zed ok i'll stop now

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home